- The ancient Indian playMudrarakshasa of Visakhadutt has its subject on2002
(a) a conflict between Gods and Demons of ancient Hindu lore
(b) a romantic story of an Aryan prince and a tribal woman
(c) the story of the power struggle between two Aryan tribes
(d) the court intrigues at the time of Chandragupta Maurya
- It refers to the Mauryan period though Vishakadatta was one of the gems in the court of Chandragupta II, the Gupta monarch. Rakshasa was a minister of the Nandas
2. ‘Mrichchhakatika’ an ancient Indian book written by Shudraka deals with “2003
(a) the love affair of a rich merchant with the daughter of a courtesan
(b) the victory of Chandragupta II over the Shaka Kshatrapas of western India
(c) the military expeditions and exploits of Samudragupta
(d) the love affair between a Gupta King and a princess of Kamarupa
3. Consider the following statements:2003
- Kitab-i-Nauras. a collectionof songs in praise of Hindu deities and Muslim saints, was written by Ibrahim Adil Shah II.
- Amir Khusrau was the originator in Indiaof the early form of the musical style known as Qawali.
Which of these statements is/are correct ?
(a)Only 1 (b) Only 2 (c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
4. Consider the following statements:2004
- The chinese piligrim Fa-Hien attended the fourth Great Buddhist Council held by Kanishka.
- The chinese piligrim Hiuen-Tsang met Harsha and found him to be antagonistic to Buddhism
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a)1 only (b) 2 only © Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
5. Who among the following was not a contemporary of the other three? 2005
(a)Bimbasara (b)Gautama Buddha ©Milinda (d)Prasenjit